Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Go Team! Go ME!

I've just committed to one of the largest challenges I've taken on in quite a while.  Certainly the largest physical challenge I've ever entered!  Last month, I took the plunge and joined Team in Training, a program supporting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Though I've gone running on my own a few times since signing up, tonight was our first official team run.  On Tuesdays, we do "Buddy Runs" - small groups and somewhat informal.  I met with my mentor, Richard, and teammates Bryce and Stevie.  Our task?  Run 20 minutes.  May not sound like much but, for me, it is!  With the help of my teammates, I got through it and felt pretty good.  Twenty minutes down The Embarcadero, 1.7 miles.  Go team!

I hope you'll come with me as I go from 1.7 miles to 13.1 in San Diego this June!  I'll be maintaining this blog and posting on my TNT site as well.  Keep me honest!


No comments:

Post a Comment