Sunday, April 4, 2010

So she begins...

I'd been debating about this for a while now. Until I could center my focus, I wasn't going to start a blog. My thoughts wandered and daydreams consumed. Realizing that these are the very ideas and memories I wanted to capture, I am simply going to start--NOW!


Never have I been the girl to reign myself in or filter the flow. No matter how much perfection I crave or eloquence I yearn for, the uncensored Melissa tumbles right out.


I was no more than two-years-old when my parents discovered my fierce independent streak. Eager to reach the top shelf, solve a puzzle, or pick out an outfit, a determined plea came out as a jumbled, "Allmybyself!" No one could stop me from going at it alone, and no one could get me to slow down even long enough to get the words in order!





Though I generally try to speak a bit more clearly these days, and even add a "please" or "thank you," that independent stubborn toddler lives on. Easily discouraged but eager to try, I can often be found chasing the desires of my heart, without always consulting with my head. Many times, if you look in my eyes, they are actually pleading for a helping hand, even when I'm screaming "I'm Fine!" at the top of my lungs!


So, without further ado, welcome to my blog. I'll be writing about my passions, pitfalls, and plenty more. You'll see entries on fixing up the apartment, diet and exercise (or lack thereof!), thrifty finds, my adorable puppy dog, and whatever else pops into my head. I'm sure that even a rant or two will be included!


I hope you'll join me as I head out into cyberspace, All My By Self.

No comments:

Post a Comment